About the Journal
Pharmacology & Toxicology of Natural Medicines (ISSN: 2756-6838) is an open access journal that is dedicated to the advancement of knowledge in natural medicines. The journal is published only in English. It reports all aspects of the pharmacology and toxicology of extracts, fractions of extracts, isolated compounds or their synthetic derivatives, and formulated products that are of natural origin (e.g. from plants, mushrooms, animals, microbes, and marine creatures). Manuscripts are published as original articles, reviews, short communications, and letters to the editor after a fast but rigorous peer review process. Specific areas within the scope of the journal include:
- Evaluation of safety and/or efficacy of natural extracts, fractions, and isolated compounds or their synthetic derivatives.
- Investigation of the scientific basis for the effects of natural medicines.
- Repositioning studies of natural medicines with known safety and efficacy.
- Clinical evaluations including observational clinical studies and phases of clinical trials involving medicines of natural origin.
All submitted manuscripts are first checked for compliance with scope, style and format of the journal, and plagiarism score (less than 15%). Articles that are substantially deficient in these aspects may be returned immediately to authors for compliance or else passed on for a blind peer review process. Accepted manuscripts will be freely available online after publication.
- Journal Title: Pharmacology and Toxicology of Natural Medicines
- Journal Acronym: PHATOXNATMED
- Journal ISSN: 2756-6838
- Issues: 6 per year
- Publication Type: Continuous
- Article Pub.: Immediately upon acceptance
- Open Access: Yes
- Review: Peer-reviewed
- Licence: Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0
- Language: English
- Scope: All areas of/related to pharmacology and toxicology of products of natural origin
- Editor-in-Chief: Prof. Raymond I. Ozolua